SHAC Media Ministry
The purpose of the Media Ministry here at Sacramento Hmong Alliance Church is to carry the Gospel of Jesus Christ to our visually driven, ever changing world through the use of technology and media, and to equip other ministries of the church to use digital and electronic media as a worship and outreach tool. This ministry not only provides the technical support required for our worship services, but also records various events, teachings and sermons, which are made available for viewing at our web site or on DVD.
MISSION OF MEDIA MINISTRY
The SHAC Media Ministry’s mission is to glorify God by ensuring that His Word and our praise is seen and heard clearly and without distraction within our church and throughout the world as it’s broadcasted or distributed on media with the highest video, audio, and production quality available.
SHAC MEDIA MINISTRY OUTLINE
This ministry covers all church needs that have to do with audio and visual technology, the most requested and needed functions of the ministry include:
- Broadcasting live video.
- Recording audio and video during regular church services and special events.
- Audio and video editing or recorded services and other special events for archive, broadcast, and production.
- Production, duplication, and distribution of recorded audio and video files to fulfill order requests, sermon messages and other special events.
- Providing audio and video support for evangelistic outreach and other special events outside of the church building.
How Do I Get Involved?
Do you have a natural gift for electronics, sound or video equipment? Or maybe you just have a strong desire to learn, along with a passion to serve the body of Christ?
There are many opportunities for you to serve in the Media ministry. SHAC Media staff is here to help you learn what you’ll need to know and have fun in the process! If you would like more information or want to volunteer as a team member, please contact SHAC Media Ministry Dept.
We are looking for those who desire to continue to learn, who are team players, and most of all are committed to do their ministry. It does not mean you have to start out knowing anything about A/V, just have a learning attitude. Volunteers will be trained for any specific technological skill or knowledge required for the ministry responsibilities, so the only prerequisite to volunteering is a willingness to learn and comfort in handling and using technological devices and equipment. Needed roles include:
- Video Camera Operators: The camera operators work behind the camera during services and acts as the eyes of the director. The director will communicate over headphones as to what he or she wants the camera to be doing. At this time, we have 3 cameras.
- Directors: The director is in charge of recording the worship service. He or she instructs the camera operators over headphones and chooses which camera will be recorded or sent to the screens during the service. This is done by watching monitors for each camera in the control room and using the switcher to choose the camera wanted at the time.
- Audio Engineer: You will control the volume levels for all mice and instruments used on the stage mixed in the media booth.
- IMAG-Projection (ProPresenter): Located in the media control room, you will work on a computer and change lyrics, announcements etc. that are projected on the projection screens.
- Lighting Control: (at future time) Located in the media control room, you will control stage and house lighting.
- Web Team: You can join the web team as a contributor to content by using your writing, editing or photography skills. We are using a Joomla content management system (CMS) that allows us to add content to the site with little coding or programming skills. This team also provides content and maintenance for our Facebook and Twitter sites.
- Photographer: If you have a digital camera, are familiar with sharing files online and are interested in taking pictures of people, we need you! We need pictures of church life, services and events taken and edited on a regular basis.
- Graphic Designers: If you have a computer and are familiar with desktop publishing software like InDesign, Photoshop or others that are similar for layout and image creation there are many ways your skills can help. There is a constant need to promote announcements and events through our web site, signage and other digital media.
- Computer or Equipment Maintenance/IT Tech: If you have a basic knowledge of computer programing and maintennance, included diangose problem and know how to fix/solve the problem, we can use you.
Come join and have fun with the Ministry Team...