Praise & Worship Ministry/Leader
Create an atmosphere of celebration and reverence to God through music for all worship services, including but not limited to special occasions such as bible studies, revivals, and funerals; to develope, direct, and supervise praise team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching and reviewing of songs with praise team in preparation for regular and special worship services.
- Supervise and evaluate all staff musicians; create job descriptions for staff musicians.
- Ensure that a variety of music is a part of the worship services, as well as introduce new songs to the congregation from the Hymn Book and other sources on a consistent basis.
- Work closely with the Senior Pastor regarding the selection and performance of music that will be consistent with preaching themes and ideology of the church.
- Work closely with the Media Ministry (Audio/Visual) to ensure excellence in production.
- Perform at special services for the church to include: funerals, special worship services, outside engagements that accompany the Senior Pastor.
- Work with all praise teams as an advisor to give guidance and improve the overall music ministry.
- Recruit and train leaders for the Music Ministry.
- Conduct and/or facilitate musician workshops.
- In conjunction with the Pastor, interpret the objectives and goals of the music ministry, communicating the purpose, value, and need for various approaches and procedures.
- Select music that is particular to the Spirit of the congregation.
- Provide consultative assistance for weddings, funerals, special ceremonies, and other church related activities in cooperation with the appropriate individuals.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Saved and profess the love of Christ Jesus in their hearts.
- Must lead a life that exemplifies a Christ-like spirit and attitude.
- Prior experience in playing different types of music, ranging from spirituals, hymns, and anthems to traditional and contemporary gospel.
- Knowledge of fundamental theories and techniques of music, with respect to the piano and organ in particular.
- Must have good knowledge of vocal techniques, choral techniques, group dynamics, and excellent keyboard skills.
- Must be able to communicate professionally, respectfully, orally and in writing.
- Must have excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Must be available for special services, such as, but not limited to, funerals.
- Must be absolutely dependable and on time to all services and rehearsals.
- Must have the ability to plan, delegate, and supervise the work of musicians.
- Must be inclusive, allowing others to share their opinions and take a part in the work of ministry.